I can’t believe it’s already June! It feels like it was just September and all of your children were coming in for their first day in the ABC’s and now they will soon be entering Pre-K. All of the children have grown so much throughout this past year and I’m so glad to have had the pleasure of working with each and every one of them! With that being said, the school year is coming to a close and summer is quickly approaching us!
• Bike riding is the last two weeks in June, 18th-30th.
– The school will be providing bikes of different sizes and types for the children to use throughout these two weeks.
– Please bring in a helmet for your child to use doing this week, labeled with name.
– Children will not be allowed to share helmets.
Week 1 (Jun 4th-10th): Kites and Wind; Number 7
• 7 introduction
-tracing “7” and “SEVEN”
– forming number 7 with play-doh
-writing the number 7
-counting to 7 and making groups of seven
• Tissue paper kite craft
• Flying kites (weather depending)
• What makes a kite fly?
• Hot air balloon dot marker craft
• Paper cup wind chime craft and counting activity (lacing 7 beads on each string)
• 8th (Thur.) Best Friends Day – making friendship bracelets, working together in pairs
-Friendship discussion – what makes a good friend
• ABC BINGO – letter review
Week 2 (11th-17th): Father’s Day; Flag Day, Number 8
• Number 8 introduction
-tracing “8” and “EIGHT”
-writing number 8
-making the number 8 with playdough
-counting to 8 and making groups of 8 with different objects
-number 8 spider craft
• 14th National Flag Day (wed.)
– Looking at the American flag and other flags
– Create your own flag craft
• D-A-D tracing and writing
• The rest of the week will be a surprise
*Father’s Day, Sunday June 18th
Week 3 (18th-24th ): Bike riding and safety; Outdoor fun; Number 9
Bike riding begins this week! We will be learning how to peddle with our legs and the children will be assisted with pushing if needed. We will also be discussing the importance of bike safety.
• Bike safety, guidelines, equipment and parts of a bicycle
• Helmet and wheel counting activity
• “B” for bike
• “Duck on a Bike” (book 7 craft)
• Shape bike craft
• Bike peddling and leg movement exercise and activity
• Water color bike painting
• Bike name plate craft
• Chalk drawings
• Playing with bubbles
• Number 9 introduction
– Tracing “9” and “NINE”
– Writing the number 9
– Counting to 9 and making groups of 9
– Forming the number 9 with play-doh
Week 4 (25th-30th): Summer; End of the school year; Number 10
• Number 10 introduction
– Tracing “10” and “Ten”
– Writing number 10
– Counting to 10 and making groups of 10
– Making the number 10 with dry erase markers and play doh
• Number BINGO and number review
• Summer discussion
– What are the different changes that occur during the summer season?
– Change in the weather, the clothes we wear, activities we do, etc.
• Nature walk around the school
• Flip flop craft
• Splatter painting craft
• Hopscotch number and letter game
• Popsicle painting
• Sun shine craft
• Outside painting
• SUMMER tracing
• Lemonade cup craft(cup template, straw and ice cubes and lemon slice)